If you look at the universe and study the universe, what you find is that there is no evidence that we need anything other than the laws of physics and the other laws of science to explain everything we see. There's absolutely no evidence that we need any supernatural hand of god. -- Lawrence Krauss, World-Renowned Physicist
There is probably no other notion in any field of science that has been as extensively tested and as thoroughly corroborated as the evolutionary origin of living organisms. -- Encyclopedia Britannica
FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue. -- PZ Myers
Religion is the antithesis of science, an anesthetic for the mind that disables critical thought and encourages the acceptance of inanity as fact, and wishful thinking as evidence. -- PZ Myers

Friday, October 4, 2013

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory."

Of course there is no debate. That was over with in 1859.

The quote "Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." (author unknown to me) is true. Creationists, also known as science deniers, are equal to pigeons, equally stupid.

The creationists (there's millions of these assholes in Idiot America) are the best possible advertisement for atheism.

The idea there's a magical being who magically created every creature out of nothing is very popular in this hick-infested country. Gallup polls have repeatedly shown they are 46% of the population. Most of the other 54% invoke their fairy to invent or use or guide evolution, which is another bullshit religious fantasy.

The wonderful things about evolution include how interesting the mechanisms are, how fantastically powerful the evidence is, and the fact that evolution makes the Magic Jeebus Man cry.

No other scientific idea is more feared than evolution because it completely kills every ridiculous religious fantasy ever invented.

No comments:

Post a Comment