Lichess Official Blog
Lichess ( /'liː-tʃɛs/ (help·info)) is a free, non-profit Internet chess server. Its primary aim is to enable a free, "world-class" chess experience for anyone, anywhere. It does not require registration; anyone can play anonymously. All features are available for free, with the exception that one may earn an honorary badge of patron status through regular donations.
MY COMMET: Only about 1% of lichess.org chess players are patrons but everyone is equal. The numerous excellent features are available to everyone for free (no ads, no begging for money, people have to go out of their way to find out how to be a patron).
- Antichess (Losing chess)
- Atomic chess
- Chess960 (Fischer Random Chess)
- Crazyhouse 
- Horde (a variant of Dunsany's chess)
- King of the Hill
- Racing Kings
- Three-check chess
- Run Stockfish engine on local machine within the user's web browser for limited or infinite analysis, which will calculate best lines of play or major opponent threats.
- Promptly receive in-depth analysis from other users, which has been previously stored in Lichess cloud system.
- Consult opening books, based on the entire game database from Lichess. In standard chess, users can switch to a Master's database created from 2 million FIDE games from titled masters and grandmasters. In AntiChess variant, users can switch for Mark Watkins's anti-chess solution database.
- Check Syzygy Endgame Tablebases for a perfect play when there are just 6 or less pieces on the board.
Policy against cheating and abusive behaviour
MY COMMENT: Mr. Duplessis from Paris France is the creator of the fantastic Lichess.org. He is an atheist.
Benevolent dictator of lichess.org, a hippie communist chess server for drug fueled atheists.