If you look at the universe and study the universe, what you find is that there is no evidence that we need anything other than the laws of physics and the other laws of science to explain everything we see. There's absolutely no evidence that we need any supernatural hand of god. -- Lawrence Krauss, World-Renowned Physicist
There is probably no other notion in any field of science that has been as extensively tested and as thoroughly corroborated as the evolutionary origin of living organisms. -- Encyclopedia Britannica
FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue. -- PZ Myers
Religion is the antithesis of science, an anesthetic for the mind that disables critical thought and encourages the acceptance of inanity as fact, and wishful thinking as evidence. -- PZ Myers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Did a god magically create every species out of nothing, or did a god guide and/or invent evolution, or is god a childish idea for uneducated morons?

If you believe a god fairy used a magic wand to create every creature out of nothing you're hopelessly retarded and a waste of time. Get out of here now and go worship your dead Jeebus.

If you think natural processes like genetic drift and natural selection can't work without supernatural intervention, or if you think natural processes required a magical inventor, you're an idiot but you may or may not be curable. This post is for you.

For many good reasons 93% of the top scientists of the world (members of the National Academy of Sciences) are certain there is no magic (also known as god) in the universe. They don't invoke a god fairy for anything. The other 7% should be ashamed of themselves. They disgrace their profession.

It's interesting that pro-science theists refuse to admit they believe in a god of the gaps even though they always hide their fairy in some gap in human knowledge, or for some strange reason they think natural processes were designed by their fairy. They have to invoke magic for something to justify their god fantasy. Wouldn't it be much easier to just grow up?

Theism would go extinct if the world's superstitious morons were able to understand there's nothing special about their species. As every biologist knows, people are just animals, just one of the modern ape species. We're not the pinnacle of evolution. We're not even on top of the food chain. (PZ wrote "Humans aren't high on the evolutionary scale...there is no evolutionary scale. We aren't the pinnacle of anything.") The theists want to pretend they're a big fucking deal, and they need a god to justify this wishful thinking.

A big part of the problem is the childish heaven fantasy, an idiotic idea that makes religions so popular with cowards. Since evolutionary biology has shown that people are just apes, this branch of science is the greatest possible threat to a supernatural life after death. This is why it's important for cowardly Christians and Muslims to either completely deny evolution or pollute evolution with god bullshit.

Like I wrote earlier, if you believe in the magical creation of people you're an incurable retard and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain reality to you. If you accept the basic facts of modern biology but you stick your dead Jeebus in there somewhere to justify your god and/or heaven fantasies, you need to ask yourself some questions. Do you really want to be a coward the rest of your life? Do you really want to be a superstitious moron? Or do you want to grow up and face facts?

No comments:

Post a Comment