If you look at the universe and study the universe, what you find is that there is no evidence that we need anything other than the laws of physics and the other laws of science to explain everything we see. There's absolutely no evidence that we need any supernatural hand of god. -- Lawrence Krauss, World-Renowned Physicist
There is probably no other notion in any field of science that has been as extensively tested and as thoroughly corroborated as the evolutionary origin of living organisms. -- Encyclopedia Britannica
FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue. -- PZ Myers
Religion is the antithesis of science, an anesthetic for the mind that disables critical thought and encourages the acceptance of inanity as fact, and wishful thinking as evidence. -- PZ Myers

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

What I wrote at a Wall Street Journal article about Trump choosing a creationist retard to be the Energy Secretary.

If the President-elect wants to give this job to Rick Perry that's fine with me. I have learned to never question any of Mr. Trump's ideas.
I do have a problem with Mr. Perry. I don't care about what he says about human caused global warming. I think evidence for it is strong but I'm not interested in this subject. I like it hot which is why I live in south Florida. I'm thinking of moving to a Caribbean island because it's not hot enough here.
What I don't like about the former Texas Governor is he tried to dumb down the teaching of evolution in Texas schools. Evolution is my favorite branch of science. It was very annoying when he chose a creationist to lead the Texas school board. It's not fair to the students to have a know-nothing idiot make decisions about science curriculums.
In any case I'm OK with anything the President-elect wants.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-picks-former-texas-gov-rick-perry-as-energy-secretary-1481641430

Update: A lady wrote an excellent reply:

"This is a great post. I totally agree. Creationism, climate change denial and a mix of bankers and oil executives feeding off of a deregulated economy should be the cornerstones of any good red blooded American administration. Now if The Donald can just find a place for someone from the Flat Earth Society he will have the perfect cabinet."

No comments:

Post a Comment